Our History In Brief
- The Commissioning
On January 1st, 1989 Pastor Peter Rahme was commissioned by Southern Cross Baptist Church to commence a work in the Inner West of Sydney.
- The Commencement
On May 14th the same year, after much prayer to God and consultation with God’s people Inner West Baptist Church held the first service at the Ashfield Boys High School (Pastor Rahme’s former high school).
- The Constitution
On September 7th 1991 Inner West Baptist Church was constituted and Pastor Rahme was formally ordained. By the grace of God and to His glory we have continued and matured in the inner man, as we walked by Faith and not by sight, despite much affliction and opposition from without and within.
Our Heritage And Belief
We serve as a local church that is:
- Dependent upon God through His indwelling Spirit and infallible Word.
- Independent from liberalism, legalism & any other ism.
- Interdependent on one another in our church and churches of like faith.
We stand with conviction & unashamedly for the fundamentals of the F.A.I.T.H
- Full inspiration and authority of the Bible (2 Tim.3: 16-17)
- Affirmation of the virgin birth (Isa 7:14)
- Incarnation and deity of Christ (Jn.1: 1)
- Total substitutionary atonement – salvation by grace (Eph.2: 8-9)
- His bodily resurrection and Second Coming (Jn 11:25; 14:3)
We seek to follow the truth of God not traditions or trends of men & movements by:
- Learning from Scripture -“Thy word is Truth..'(Jn 17:17)
- looking to the Saviour -“Jesus saith I am The Truth ‘(Jn 14:6)
- led by the Spirit -“When He The Spirit of Truth”..(Jn 16:13)
And These Three Things Never Contradict Each Other.
Our Heart And Being
Our heart’s desire is in being (and not in doing):
to our mandate as a body
and our manner as a bride
being fruitful in every good work, (Col 1:10)
bearing fruit. (Jn 15:4)….& much fruit…(Jn 15:5)
bring forth more fruit ..(Jn 15:2)
Our Hope And Being
The Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;” (1 Tim 1:1)
In His relationship to us His church, the Lord Jesus Christ is our foundation and our head.
He is also our hope, the only legitimate, lasting and living hope for a dying, desperate and depressed world.
Today any living soul can have this lively hope today by:
Repenting of sin
It is a simple as ABC
- Acknowledge your sin (Ps.32:5)
- Be sorry for your sin (Ps.38:18)
- Confess it unto the Lord (Ps.32:5)
Receiving Him as Saviour –
This only requires 3 simple yet heart believed expressions:
- I am sorry
- Please forgive me
- Thank you for saving me
“And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” (Acts 5:42)
Here is a suggested prayer:
Dear God: I am sorry that I have sinned against you; I turn away from my sins.
Please forgive me, and be merciful to me a sinner.
Thankyou for saving me and giving me a new life.
In Jesus name I pray. Amen